At Grace, we recognise that if not for our local communities, we would not have grown as we have over the years. So, each year, Grace undertakes a range of initiatives to support the communities throughout Australia and New Zealand in which it operates.
Grace Gives Grants
2016 sees the launch of Grace Gives Grants. Whilst we have grown a lot in our history, we continue to stay true to our local roots and our Grace Gives Grants is our way to maintain that community connection.
In Australia, Grace Gives Grants will be awarded to deserving community groups to help them help their local community.
What we are looking for:
Something a little different! We’re interested in hearing from community groups that:
- Focus on communities which are excluded or disadvantaged – Although everyone has equal value, not everyone has equal opportunities. The Grace Gives grants will favour those who need it most.
- Create relationships and environments where people are empowered to help themselves & each other – We understand that people with strong connections are safer and more successful. Grace Gives aims to support people to be independent – and interdependent.
- Actively involve people and communities – Grace Gives loves the concept of community-led development. Whichever community is served – indigenous, disabilities, youth – we want to help organisations where these voices are integral to decision making at all levels.
- Build inclusiveness – Dealing with exclusion requires understanding, fostering empowerment and participation, building bridges between different communities and addressing attitudes and structures that stand in the way. Grace Gives aims to support everyone to participate fully and have their voice heard.
- Involve approaches that are likely to bring about solutions to complex problems – Grace Gives will look for approaches that aim to solve complex community problems. We consider a range of models of working, including not only service provision but also advocacy and social enterprise, and we particularly like collaborative efforts.
How to Apply:
It’s easy! Community groups can simply apply for the grants online via our Grace Gives Australia Facebook Page which will be launched in October 2016.
Grace Gives Grants Key Dates
Grant applications open
|Monday 10th October, 2016
Grant applications close
|Sunday 30th October, 2016
Public voting commences
Monday 31st October, 2016
Public voting closes
Thursday 24th November, 2016
|Grant finalists announced
Monday 28th November, 2016
|Grant recipients announced
Monday 5th December, 2016
Full terms & conditions are available here.
Grace Gives Sponsorships
(an internal programme run by our team members)
Twice a year the teams at each of our Branches elect local community groups or events that they feel would benefit from financial support from Grace, and sponsorships and donations are allocated on a needs basis.
In 2015, Grace supported the following community groups:
- Blacktown Theatre Company, Sydney, NSW
- Blossoms Cat Rescue, Orange, NSW
- City2Surf, Brisbane, QLD
- National Breast Cancer Foundation Mother’s Day Fun Run, Sydney, NSW
- Eaglehawk Athletics Club, Bendigo, VIC
- Freeling Netball Club, Adelaide, SA
- Ivanhoes (U15) Rugby League, Cairns, QLD
- North Companions FC, Tamworth, NSW
- Southern Districts Cricket Club Inc., Darwin, NT
- Waterford Demons (U9) Rugby League, Brisbane, QLD
- Wests Junior Rugby League, Wollongong, NSW
In addition to these contributions, Grace provides its services and support to its key community partner, The St Vincent de Paul Society.