Mobile devices are now the ‘business tool of choice‘, generating and holding more information than ever before
With this flexibility come numerous risks for the Records Manager to consider, including:
- How to access company records that are housed on mobile devices;
- The sharing functionality of records from device to device, and from one to potentially many people;
- Complex and expensive discovery efforts when records are needed for business purposes;
- Co-mingling of business and personal records;
- Difficulty in preserving and managing records through their life cycle and in accordance with legal, regulatory and business requirements when they are located on mobile devices; and
- Difficulty in achieving compliance with litigation hold requirements.
There is no one-size fits all solution to the control of records on mobile devices, but is an important issue for a business or enterprise to consider as part of their overall information governance framework.
Contact Grace Information & Records Management to find out anout the smartphones solutions that are compatible with your business.