Move house, make a difference
Having noticed a lot of good quality items being thrown onto rubbish piles, Grace and The St Vincent de Paul Society have teamed up to rehouse unwanted items and help Australians in need.
Moving house is one of the few times you are forced to sort through every inch of your home and it can be amazing what you find and no longer require. This is where the Grace and The St Vincent de Paul Society (Vinnies) initiative kicks into play.
When packing up your home for your forthcoming move with Grace, simply pack any good quality items that you no longer require into the ‘move house, make a difference’ carton and Grace will deliver it to Vinnies on your behalf. Vinnies are then able to sell items in their stores, raising much needed funds to support societies most vulnerable across a wide range of national programs.
Hire a removalist who cares about the local community and give back with Vinnies.
Snapshot of Grace and Vinnies
We’ve been working with Vinnies nationally since 2017 to help raise funds for those in need. Australians who have moved house with Grace have helped us reach the following milestones:
- 2,948 cartons donated nationally in 2019
- A total of 1547 Vinnies cartons donated by NSW
- A total of 5,586 cartons donated nationally since 2017
The St Vincent de Paul Society
- Operating homeless services
- Employment and financial support services
- Friendship programs for those living with mental illness
- Youth services
- Refugee assistance and resettling programs
How to donate
Donating your unwanted goods to Vinnies is an easy three step process with Grace.
- Simply request Vinnies charity carton/s as part of your Grace move. Grace will deliver the Vinnies cartons prior to your move day.
- Pack the ‘move house, make a difference’ carton/s with your unwanted household goods and seal them.
- Grace will collect the cartons and deliver them, on your behalf, to your local Vinnies shop.
- Unfortunately, Grace cannot accept donated furniture, however, you can call Vinnies to collect it for you. To arrange furniture evaluation and pickup through Vinnies, call 1800 621 349 or email email@example.com.
For more information on how to donate to Vinnies and make a difference, download the brochure here.
For more information on how else you can help to make a difference to Australians in need with Vinnies, visit vinnies.org.au.
What can you donate
Donations we cannot accept
- Baby items that do not confirm with Australian standards
- Broken items or appliances that no longer work
- Any electrical items
Sponsoring the Vinnies Community Sleepout
- Maitland Community Sleepout
- Western Sydney Community Sleepout
- Wagga Wagga Community Sleepout
- Vinnies Community Sleepout Fred’s Place, Tweed Heads
- Vinnies Community Sleepout Sunshine Coast
- Vinnies Community Sleepout Cairns
- Vinnies Community Sleepout USQ Toowoomba