Many people travel the world over in search of happiness and it seems Australia is the place to find it.
For the third consecutive year, Australia has been ranked the happiest nation in the developing world.
Australia edged out Sweden, Canada, Norway and Switzerland for top honours in the annual ‘Better Life Index’. The Index is the result of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) analysis of the 34 member states (plus Brazil and Russia) across 11 categories including income, employment, housing, health and life expectancy.
The report found:
- The average Australian household net-adjusted disposable income was $US28,884 a year, well above the OECD average of $US23,047.
- More than 73 per cent of people aged 15 to 64 in Australia have a paid job, above the OECD average of 66 per cent.
- Life expectancy at birth in Australia is almost 82 years, two years higher than the OECD average.
- Australians work an average of 1693 hours a year, compared with most people in the OECD who work 1776 hours a year.
- We have a strong sense of community with 94 per cent of people stating they “believe they know someone they could rely on in a time a need, higher than the OECD average of 90 per cent.
- 90 per cent of Australians are satisfied with their housing situation, more than the OECD average of 87 per cent.
- Australia has outstanding public engagement, with a 93 per cent turnout at the recent elections. That compares with just 66 per cent in the UK, and the OECD average of 72 per cent.
Most importantly, Australians were reported as being more satisfied with their lives than the OECD average, with 84 per cent saying they have more positive experiences in an average day (feelings of rest, pride in accomplishment, enjoyment, etc) than negative ones (pain, worry, sadness, boredom, etc). This figure is higher than the OECD average of 80 per cent.
With more money, less work hours and a greater amount of community support, why wouldn’t you consider moving to Australia? Grace Removals is one of the world’s largest independent moving organisations, with an extensive service partner network throughout the world. We work closely with our partners to ensure a seamless and consistent level of service from start to finish. Relocating to Australia is easy with Grace.